This program applies to foreign nationals currently living in the United States who entered as young children. The program allows the applicant to obtain work authorization; however, it does not provide a path to permanent residency or citizenship. DACA requires undocumented immigrants to reveal themselves to immigration authorities, therefore, it is important to ensure that the applicant qualify before deciding to participate in the program. The requirements are as follows:
- Applicant must be under the age of 30;
- Entered the United States under the age of 16;
- Have lived in the United States continuously for at least 5 years;
- Have not been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor involving moral turpitude; and
- Have one of the following: currently enrolled in school, completed high school or its equivalency or have served in the military.