Naples, FL Real Estate Attorneys Experienced in Property Tax Matters
Property taxes can add significantly to the cost of owning a home, investment property or parcel of commercial real estate in Naples, FL. Individuals and business owners who are dissatisfied with their property tax obligations, have a few options available.
At Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti & Rudnick, PLLC in Naples, FL, we represent clients in property tax assessments, appeals, abatements and applications for exemptions. Our real estate attorneys are familiar with the local market, and we have extensive experience dealing with the Collier County Tax Collector and the Collier County Property Appraiser. We represent clients in property tax matters in other Florida counties as well, and we work with experienced appraisers and other professionals throughout the state to help our clients minimize their property tax liability.
Skilled Legal Representation for Property Tax Assessments and Disputes
The attorneys in our real estate practice group provide comprehensive legal representation for all property tax-related matters in Florida. This includes representing individuals and businesses in Collier County and statewide with regard to:
- Assessments – Our attorneys can represent you during your property’s assessment by the Collier County Tax Appraiser (or any other local tax appraiser), and we can engage the services of an experienced private appraiser if necessary to dispute the county appraiser’s findings.
- Appeals – Regardless of the last time your property was appraised, our attorneys can appeal the appraised value in order to reduce your property tax liability.
- Abatements – If your home or business property qualifies for an abatement (i.e. a renewable energy abatement), our attorneys can go through the formal processes necessary to lower your tax bill.
- Exemptions – If you have not claimed your Florida homestead exemption, or if you are having trouble claiming your exemption, our attorneys can submit the evidence necessary to establish proof of residence. We assist clients with various other statutory and regulatory exemptions as well.
Naples, FL Property Tax Resources
More information about property tax assessments, appeals, abatements, and exemptions is available online. To learn more about the laws, regulations, and procedures that apply in your area, you can visit:
- City of Naples- Property Taxes / Millage Rate
- Collier County Property Appraiser – What is a Property Appraiser?
- Collier County Tax Collector – Property Tax
- Florida Department of Revenue – Search for Property Appraisers and Tax Collectors by County
Of course, you can also contact us for a confidential consultation. With decades of combined experience representing property owners in Naples and statewide, our real estate attorneys can help you make informed decisions about the various ways to reduce your property tax liability. If you have grounds to file an appeal or claim an abatement or exemption, we can represent you every step of the way.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Options
To learn more about your options for reducing your property tax liability, please contact us to schedule a confidential initial consultation. Call 239-325-4070 to schedule an appointment, or tell us how to reach you and we will be in touch shortly.