Litigation, Trial and Dispute Resolution
Our litigation department combines vast experience with innovative out-of-the-box strategies to generate successful conclusions to lawsuits and other actions. Whether it’s a complex business dispute, arbitration or administrative proceeding, we have the background and skills to go head to head with the largest law firms on a cost-effective, value-filled basis. Our firm also provides clients with extensive experience and knowledge of Southwest Florida’s state and federal courts.
Our litigation partners, Gregory Woods and Casey Weidenmiller, formerly practiced in national law firms but believe in smaller-team hands-on representation.
The Firm handles wide range of civil disputes, including:
- Business Disputes
- Land Use Administrative Hearings/Litigation
- Condominium/Club/Homeowner Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Defense of Governmental Bodies
- Golf and Marina Club Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Securities Litigation
- Trust and Estate Litigation
- Litigation FAQ
We pride ourselves on actively listening to our clients and then devising a strategy to help achieve each client’s specific goal. Our clients have included Fortune 500 companies, large publicly and privately held companies, governmental agencies, CEOs, corporate officers and directors, high net worth individuals, trustees and personal representatives, estate and trust beneficiaries, and local businesses.
- Retained to defend county government in a ten million dollar lawsuit for an alleged breach of contract brought by a large developer
- Retained to defend county government in a $92 million Bert Harris Act lawsuit
- Represented county government in defense of an Endangered Species Act Claim
- Represented golf and marina club members, homeowners associations, condominium associations and developers in a wide variety of turnover-related disputes
- Represented a national retailer in contractual disputes and complex land disputes throughout South Florida
- Retained to represent family members in multimillion-dollar will and trust disputes.
- Defended a patent infringement case brought against a local manufacturing company
- Represented clients in a variety of construction disputes involving commercial buildings, high rise condominiums, public roadways, clubhouse and golf courses, and individual residences.
- Represented directors, officers, members, partners and employees in almost every type of business dispute
- Represented national title insurance companies and/or their insured
- Represented clients in all types of complex real estate disputes
- Represented numerous national and local banks in a variety of disputes, including foreclosures and lender liability cases
- Represented medical device and healthcare providers in an array of disputes
- Served as local counsel for multiple national law firms on jurisdictional and substantive issues in complex commercial cases
- Represented publicly traded company in successful defense of securities class action lawsuit.
- Represented architectural firm in copyright infringement case
- Retained to defend county government in multimillion-dollar roadway and utility construction case
- Specialized representation in cases related to golf clubs, including, but not limited to, members’ rights at Bonita Bay Club, Mediterra, Crown Colony, Fiddlesticks, Golf Club of the Everglades and Old Cypress
- Represented members in golf club, condominium, and HOA turnover issues
- Represented clients in all types of business tort disputes
- Represented clients in a variety of internet legal issues
- Represented clients on golf course construction issues including clubhouses, fairway grass, and greens
- Defended national title insurance underwriter in three week trial on coverage related to a failed land bank transaction
Woods, Weidenmiller, Michetti & Rudnick, PLLC looks forward to assisting with your litigation needs and disputes.
Mediation and Arbitration Services
Litigation can be expensive and protracted. Often, an alternative way to resolve disputes is through professional mediation. When selecting this method of resolution, it’s important to select a mediator who has experience and can offer innovative approaches to solving disputes.
Greg Woods is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Mediator with more than 25 years of experience in complex litigation matters. He is Board Certified in Business Litigation and Civil Trial law and has been recognized as a “Florida Super Lawyer” since 2006. Additionally, he is AV Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell – indicating that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Mr. Woods believes that with patience, timing and the right amount of persuasive “push,” virtually all litigation disputes can be resolved. Half or full day mediation sessions may be scheduled at our offices or another location. Hourly fees are split between the mediating parties. There are no cancellation fees. For more information, or to schedule your next mediation, contact our offices.